What is the Los Angeles Sports & Entertainment Commission?
When the Los Angeles Sports & Entertainment Commission (LASEC) was founded in 1995 by a group of visionary civic leaders, their stated mission for LASEC was to “seek, host, promote and retain major sporting and entertainment events that positively impact the local economy.”
Now, in our 18th year, we are proud to say that LASEC has created tremendous economic impact for Los Angeles by attracting thousands of visitors to the City, giving them a reason to stay longer and return more frequently, all the while reinforcing Los Angeles as the Sports and Entertainment Capital of the World, an event destination for national and international visitors alike.
Los Angeles has been home to many significant sporting and entertainment events. The 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend proved to be one of the most successful events staged in Los Angeles and generated at least $85 million in economic impact. Additionally, one of Los Angeles’ biggest revenue generators is the BCS National Championship Game at the Rose Bowl which takes place every four years.
The competition for attracting high-profile events is intense, so LASEC works to ensure that these events enjoy a positive experience and the full support of the City. LASEC is a private nonprofit organization and an affiliate of the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board.
What kind of events does LASEC focus on attracting to Los Angeles?
The Los Angeles Sports & Entertainment Commission focuses its efforts on attracting major sports and entertainment events to Los Angeles that generate significant hotel room nights and/or spending to our city. The following are some of the events LASEC has been involved with in the past:
- BCS National Championship Game
- Breeders’ Cup World Thoroughbred Championships
- City of Los Angeles Marathon
- ESPN X Games
- Lakers All-Access (formerly called “Basketball 101″)
- LASEC Golf Classic at The Riviera Country Club
- LPGA Tournament
- NBA All-Star Weekend
- NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball West Region Championship
- NCAA Sports and Entertainment Summit
- NFL All-Access
- NFL Kickoff
- NFL Quarterback Challenge
- NHL All-Star Weekend
- NHL Entry Draft
- Northern Trust Open
- Pac-12 Conference events
- Rose Bowl Game
- Sports Illustrated’s “Sportsman of the Year Awards”
- U.S. Senior Open
- U.S. Davis Cup
- WWE WrestleMania & SummerSlam
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards
- ESPY Awards
- GRAMMY Awards
- Griffith Observatory Reopening Galactic Gala
- Latin GRAMMY Awards
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood Grand Opening
- MTV Movie Awards
- MTV Video Music Awards
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards
- Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade
- Primetime Emmy Awards
Events LASEC is working on
- Primetime Emmy Awards (September 22, 2013)
- Breeders’ Cup (November 1-2, 2013)
- Lakers All-Access (Winter 2014)
- 2014 Tournament of Roses BCS National Championship Party (January 5, 2014)
- BCS National Championship Game (January 6, 2014)
- NHL Winter Classic – LA Kings vs. Anaheim Ducks (January 25, 2014)
- The 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards (January 26, 2014)
- 15th Annual LASEC Golf Classic at the Riviera Country Club (May 12, 2014)
- NFL All-Access (July 2014)
- 2015 NCAA Men’s Basketball West Regional (March 26 & 28, 2015)
- Special Olympics World Summer Games (July 24 – August 2, 2015)
- U.S. Amateur Championship (August 2017)
- Walker Cup (September 2017)
How can I get involved with LASEC?
LASEC offers several options for individuals and/or companies to support its mission. Options include:
- Event Volunteer
- Ticket Buyer/Sponsor of an individual event
- Official Marketing Partner
- Corporate Member
LASEC has internship programs that are open to students currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs. Over the past two years, LASEC has hosted several internship programs in conjunction with major events occurring in Los Angeles. In the summer of 2010, the LASEC Los Angeles Pac-10 Marketing Internship was developed to help the Pac-10 Conference market the 2011 Pac-10 basketball tournaments at the STAPLES Center. LASEC also developed an internship program centered around the 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend, with a focus on promoting NBA All-Star Jam Session at the Los Angeles Convention Center. In the summer of 2011, LASEC created a Tournament of Roses Sales and Marketing Internship program, which focused on sponsorship activation around the 2012 Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game. Please contact Allison Citelli at email@example.com for more information on LASEC Internships.
For locals who want to be involved in our events, the volunteer role is a great option. Volunteer opportunities are available for LASEC’s individual events such as NFL All-Access, Lakers All-Access and the LASEC Golf Classic. If you are interested in volunteering, please forward your resume to Allison Citelli at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will let you know when these opportunities become available.
Ticket Buyer or Individual Event Sponsor
The best way for professionals and companies to get involved with LASEC is to support one of our events. This will introduce your company to who we are and better showcase the work we do for Los Angeles. We have three public events a year that give our guests access to LA teams and venues. For ticket information, please contact Cindy Hanson at email@example.com.
Official Marketing Partnership and Corporate Membership
Official Marketing Partnerships and Corporate Memberships are available for interested companies who want to make a bigger commitment to our organization. For information about these packages, please contact Cindy Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LASEC’s Official Marketing Partners:
- American Airlines
- Classic Party Rentals
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Farmer John
- Majestic Realty Co. and Pacific Palms Resort
- State Farm
- Wells Fargo
LASEC’s Corporate Members:
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Elite Security
- Integrated Transportation Systems, Inc. (ITS)
- Longo Toyota-Scion-Lexus
- Micronomics, Inc.
- Occidental Petroleum
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Sport Chalet
- Western Asset Management Company
What events does LASEC host annually?
The Los Angeles Sports & Entertainment Commission hosts at least three events a year that are open to the public:
- Lakers All-Access
- NFL All-Access
- LASEC Golf Classic at The Riviera Country Club
Often, we have the opportunity to host additional events around major events each year. For example, we host the Tournament of Roses National Championship Party when the BCS National Championship is in Los Angeles at the Rose Bowl. For more information on our events, please contact Cindy Hanson at email@example.com.
How does LASEC use the money it raises?
LASEC is a private, nonprofit 501c(3). All revenue generated goes back to helping Los Angeles attract major sporting and entertainment events that positively impact the local economy and then marketing those events to make sure they are successful and return to our city.
Who can I contact with more questions?
For more information, please contact Cindy Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.