ABOUT BUSINESS CONNECT
The Los Angeles Sports & Entertainment Commission is committed to supplier diversity and actively engages with local diverse suppliers to maximize procurement opportunities in partnership with high-profile events. The Business Connect program supports minority, woman, LGBTQIA+, and veteran-owned businesses through professional development sessions, networking events, and access to subcontract opportunities. Certified businesses selected for the program are profiled in the Business Connect directory, which event organizers and primary contractors use to identify and select local suppliers to fulfill their sub-contracting needs.
Business Connect was first initiated through Super Bowl LVI and will work to create a legacy of connecting local diverse suppliers with opportunities surrounding high-profile events, including the 123rd U.S. Open Championship and more.
To qualify for Business Connect, businesses must:
- Be 51% owned by a minority, woman, LGBTQIA+, or veteran individual
- Have been in operation and have a physical office in Los Angeles County for at least three years
- Provide a product or service from the Business Disciplines list
- Be the direct source of the goods and services represented in their bid
- Be in good standing and eligible to do business with the City or County of Los Angeles, City of Inglewood, or State of California
Businesses must have proof of certification from a national business organization, local government entity, or one of the following pre-approved certifying agencies. Businesses that are currently in the process of obtaining their proof of business certification will be considered.
PRE-APPROVED CERTIFYING AGENCIES
- California Department of Transportation (CalTrans)
- City of Los Angeles, Department of Public Works, Bureau of Contract Administration
- County of Los Angeles, Department of Consumer & Business Affairs (DCBA)
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro)
- Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- Southern California Minority Supplier Development Council (SCMSDC)
- State of California, Department of General Services (DGS)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- U.S. Small Business Administration, Los Angeles District Office
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council-West, Inc. (WBEC-West)
|Audio/Visual||Fencing||Hardware Supplies||Staffing (Hospitality)|
|Carpet/Flooring||Furniture Rentals||Office Supplies||Tenting|
|Catering/Food & Beverage||General Contractors||Painters||Trailers|
|Décor||Generators||Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)||Transportation|
|Entertainment||Gifts & Promotions||Portable Restrooms||Warehousing|
|Equipment Rental (Heavy)||Golf Carts||Printing||Waste Removal|
|Event Planning & Production||Graphics||Security||White Glove Service|
BUSINESS CONNECT MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of LASEC Business Connect is to build the capabilities and capacity of local, diverse suppliers to enhance their competitiveness within the sports and entertainment industry. Business Connect supports local diverse suppliers to obtain professional development training, build strong community relationships and compete for contract opportunities related to high-profile sports and entertainment events in the Los Angeles market.
Suppliers participating in the Business Connect program are not guaranteed to be awarded work with the Los Angeles Sports & Entertainment Commission or its partners. Suppliers are guaranteed full access to the program’s development opportunities.