PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM SUMMIT
The LASEC Professional Development Program (PDP) Summit helps prepare students for a successful career in the sport industry. Accepted students will start to cultivate the critical job training and communication skills needed to get hired and thrive in this highly competitive business. The PDP Summit is free for accepted students.
PDP Summit includes:
- Professional development training – Assistance with resume writing, interview skills, and feedback from industry leaders/experts on presentation. Students will develop a professional business plan to help position themselves for a job after graduation.
- Sports business executive panels – PDP Summit participants will hear from various sports executives about the different types of jobs available in the business such as PR/marketing/communications, event/venue management, operations, sponsorship/ticket sales, and others.
- Formal mentor program – PDP Summit participants will be connected with a mentor from a Los Angeles sports organization for six months.
Free for accepted students. Students will be responsible for their own transportation and parking.
Students must submit a completed application as outlined below. If chosen to proceed, finalists will be interviewed over Zoom by a LASEC staff member. Registration will be capped.
- Undergraduate or current graduate students in a college/university with course work completed towards a degree in related fields (sports focus preferred but not required)
- Available to attend all Summit days in-person
- Interest in working in the sport industry in Los Angeles
- Strong preference given to students from Los Angeles or those who currently attend Los Angeles-area colleges/universities
University of Southern California, Class of 2023 | Game Night Staff for the Community Relations Department at the LA Clippers
“LASEC PDP Summit was an invaluable experience that has completely altered my career trajectory in the best way possible. It provided me with a platform to develop my personal skills and to meet and learn from not only industry experts and leaders, but also fellow aspiring sports professionals. At the end of this summit, I have felt more confident in my abilities and have gained a deeper understanding of the increasingly dynamic sports industry.”
California Lutheran University, Class of 2024
“This program was a huge first stepping stone for me, from getting to hear from professionals in the sports industry to meeting students from all over the country who are just as eager and motivated as me to break into the sports world. One thing that a few of the speakers said throughout the week was this industry isn’t as big as we think it is, so you never know who someone you meet might know. For all 28 of us, we never know when we’ll cross paths again, so being able to make this initial connection and have that bond could play a big role in one of us getting an opportunity that we wouldn’t have had otherwise.”