NASCAR is “bringing back” the Busch Light Clash to the L.A. Memorial Coliseum for a second year, with the date set for Feb. 5, according to John Cherwa of the L.A. TIMES. NASCAR and Coliseum execs “couldn’t find enough superlatives to describe how this grand experiment worked earlier this year.” The crowd was “around 55,000,” which could have been “much larger if safety measures installed around the track didn’t reduce capacity.” NASCAR Senior VP/Racing Development & Strategy Ben Kennedy called it a “great and spectacular event” and added, “We made a bigger splash than expected.” Kennedy said, “The L.A. Coliseum is the right size, it’s the right market and the right location. It was a no-brainer for us to come back.” Cherwa writes NASCAR “hasn’t committed to 23 starters in the final,” but everyone thought that number “worked well this year.” Things went “so well that there weren’t a lot of lessons learned” from this year’s race. But Coliseum GM Joe Furin is “looking to tweak the participant and crowd experience.” As for the long-term future of the Clash at the Coliseum, “no one is willing to go out on a limb,” although Furin said he has “blocked out the dates for the following year.” Kennedy “would not commit to keeping the race in Los Angeles, but didn’t dismiss it either” (L.A. TIMES, 6/13).