Mar 17, 2023

LACC Hosts SCGA Junior Golf Foundation Mentor Play Day

Sunday, March 12 marked an exclusive and limited Play Day for the Junior Golf Foundation, as an astounding 36 juniors were selected to participate in the year’s first outing at The Los Angeles Country Club (LACC). With the 2023 U.S. Open on the horizon, LACC and its 36 host members welcomed young golfers to their historic grounds and soon site of the most prestigious championship in American golf.

From the moment juniors stepped foot on property, they were treated to a full championship experience. Elite practice facilities, impeccable course conditions, full clubhouse tour and an assigned caddie to help them navigate the challenging Gil Hanse redesign. Golf brought everyone to the course early Sunday morning, but the connection and mentorships are what will be remembered.

California High School senior Sophia Martinez shared, “Today I was given the opportunity to connect with different players from diverse backgrounds and gain new perspectives of where people come from and why they play golf.”

When you break down a round of golf, you are really only swinging, chipping or putting less than 10 percent of the time. The SCGA Junior Golf Foundation feels the other 90 percent is just as important during Mentor Play Days. It’s more than shooting your personal best or trying to break 80. Conversation, bonding and relationship-building are core elements of golf and youth development.

Full Press Release

Share this: